Thursday 20 September 2012

Whitby photos


I went on a trip at the start of University to a nearby town called Whitby. I took these images with my iphone  camera. I think the quality of the images are good and both would look great at canvases or framed in a relatively plain room. Whitby was largely inspiring for architecture with it's typical seaside theme. The town is built on many levels but its cobbled streets brings the houses together. The path to reach the abbey at the top, snakes through the town so that visitors are forced to take in it's architecture as well as it's breath taking views. 

The architecture is typical of a seaside town ; squat buildings, low ceilings, walls on a slant , stone or white exteriors and tudor windows. 

I really enjoyed Whitby and it's hidden treasures !!

No comments:

Post a Comment